Marketing Communications Manager
Wordly is revolutionizing the multi-billion dollar interpretation market with our AI-powered SaaS platform that enables on-demand, real-time translation into 20+ languages for in-person, hybrid, and virtual meetings and events - without the need for human interpreters. We have a strong management team with extensive experience, 500+ global customers, including many F-500 brands, and are experiencing exponential growth. As a rapidly-growing SF Bay Area startup, Wordly offers a great opportunity to make an immediate impact. Our ideal candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys and is able to work in a rapidly evolving environment.
About the job
We are looking for a Marketing Communications leader to build a high-impact program that drives brand awareness, thought leadership, and demand generation. You will help define strategy, build processes, and play a hands-on role creating and executing high ROI programs. This position reports to the CMO (based in San Francisco), but can be based anywhere in the US.
- Planning - Define and manage a company-wide communications program calendar encompassing, events, social media, PR, and other campaigns
- Brand - Ensure company messaging platform and brand guidelines are consistently applied across all communication programs
- Events - Define and manage participation in industry conferences in the US, Europe, and other global locations
- Social - Manage and grow LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube presence
- Blog - Manage and grow blog engagement through new content
- PR - Develop and manage a PR program with announcements, byline articles, and targeted outreach
- Messaging - Work with exec team to develop messaging that supports a variety of activities such as media briefings, customer events, and industry speaking opportunities
- Thought Leadership - Define and build a thought leadership platform that creates compelling stories and opportunities with press, analysts, associations, partners, etc.
- Content - Partner with Product Marketing to define and create content to support marketing programs - customer references, case studies, media pitches, exec bylines, presentations, blogs, social posts, website, eBooks, case studies, newsletters
- Awards - Define and build a program to pursue and secure relevant industry awards
- Co-marketing - Develop & manage campaigns with partners (tech, reseller, associations)
- Demand Gen - Support demand gen campaigns, including email, webinars, content syndication, paid search, paid social, display, review sites, etc.
- Metrics - Develop and track key deliverables and KPIs
- 7+ years B2B marketing communications experience, preferably with a SaaS business
- Experience marketing/selling event management products to Event Management professionals is a plus
- Experience building and managing PR and thought leadership programs - with the ability to develop and manage relationships with media and industry influencers
- Experience planning and managing participation at in-person and remote conferences in the US and Europe
- Experience managing social media and blog - including content creation and publishing
- Exceptional storyteller and writer who knows how to create great stories with the ability to translate ideas into communication strategies, messaging, and compelling narratives
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with proven capability to manage strategy and execution details - as well as comfortable multitasking and responding to time-sensitive situations