Welcome to Wordly. We look forward to bringing live translation to your in-person and virtual meetings.
Here are instructions to get started. If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com.
Step 1 - Register for a Wordly account.
After you create your account, let us know so we can add the minutes you have purchased.
Step 2 - Schedule your onboarding session video call.
These calls are usually 30 minutes where we will provide training on how Wordly works as well as provide tips for running your first meeting.
Step 3 - Prepare for your first meeting.
We will review these instructions during your onboarding session, but you should review them before the call to help create a list of questions for us to review.
Step 4 - Locate these resources.
Step 5 - Follow the meeting best practices summarized below to get the best translation results.
- Set Up a Glossary of Terminology
Create a Glossary of terminology and names unique to your organization. The Glossary will significantly increase the quality of your translation output. You will get optimum accuracy if you use the glossary extensively in any presenter languages. We strongly recommend conducting a practice run. After the practice run, read the transcript in your Wordly portal and add words to the glossary that Wordly had difficulty with.
The Wordly Glossary provides 3 ways to increase your control over translation output - Boost, Block, and Replace.
You will want to make sure to set-up custom glossaries in all languages in which meeting speakers/presenters will be speaking.
It only takes a few minutes to set up a glossary and you can continue to expand it over time.
You can find Glossary instructions in the Online Help Guide - https://help.wordly.ai/notes/glossaries
- Ensure High Quality Audio Input
- Presenters must be heard clearly by Wordly. AI is just like a person in that way. If it can't hear clearly it can't translate clearly.
- Presenters should wear a lapel mic if live, or headsets with microphones for virtual meetings to ensure close mic proximity at all times.
- Coach speakers to use microphones close to their faces, such as headsets, headphones, earbuds, or boom microphones.
- Refrain from using integrated laptop microphones which capture too much background noise.
- Turn the audio (microphone levels) up as high as possible.
- Avoid talking over other speakers or music
- Enunciate clearly; speak at a moderate pace; and pause briefly between sentences.
- Pick one language to speak in and stick with it throughout the presentation.
- Speakers must have adequate bandwidth for successful audio capture.
Managing Accents - Wordly understands a wide range of accents. If a human can't understand an accent it will also be hard for Wordly.
- Set Attendee Expectations
Wordly provides high quality AI-powered translations at an affordable price. If users have experience with human interpreters, the AI experience represents change for them - and some people may resist changing. To drive change, you have to drive the conversation. Let everyone know in advance that your organization is committed to improving diversity and inclusion and Wordly is part of that process. Wordly will allow you to communicate the concepts of your presentations across a wide range of languages, with high overall accuracy - and greater convenience, efficiency, speed, and affordability.
While the quality of Wordly translation is very good, many variables can affect translation accuracy. Wordly is not magical and errors are possible. However, even if a few words are incorrect, Wordly almost always conveys conceptual correctness enabling participants to infer proper meaning in context.
As a reminder, setting up a glossary and ensuring you have a high quality sound input are keys to a great experience.
- Practice Before Using Wordly Live
Get comfortable with Wordly before using it at a meeting. Issues are usually due to not fully utilizing the glossary or poor audio input quality. Clients who have the best experience with Wordly practice first and share any issues with us before their meeting so we can help resolve them.
- Communicate with us - Please tell us about any questions or issues you encounter so we can address them immediately for you.