We had many rich conversations with Associations, journalists, venues, and event organizers about where they and the industry are at in 2022. Here are some of the things we heard at IMEX Frankfurt 2022.
- The strongest events seem to be back in-person, though not at pre-Covid attendance numbers in most cases.
- While still dealing with uncertainty, event planners and attendees mostly seem to be growing in confidence.
- Successful events are taking the lessons learned from the last couple years and increasing the quality and level of engagement of their events. They are leaning into opportunities for stronger networking, interactive education, novel experiences, and accessibility.
- Content that is “regenerative” (i.e., speaks to current challenges, reveals new findings, and not a rehash of last year’s content) helps make events “must attend.”
- MPI and ICCA provided extensive educational opportunities within IMEX, and among the most popular was a session on helping event professionals develop future-ready skills.
- Miguel Neves gave a shout out to Wordly during his talk on The Future of Event Technology
- AI-powered conference interpretation is penetrating most corners of the event space, especially medical association events, high-tech, and services.
- Most meeting and event planners want to increase predictability, efficiency, and impact. Especially for those seeking a broad audience, conference interpretation plays an important role.
To learn more about how Wordly helps conferences such as IMEX Frankfurt better engage more attendees, please visit our website or schedule a personalized online demo.